“Why choose the Lycée Français de Toronto? Will the LFT be a good fit for my child? Can you tell me more about the school, the curriculum, your values?”
When it comes to choose a school for your child, we know there are many questions. Our Admissions team is here to assist you in your decision and guide you through the admission process. You will find many information on our website, and whenever you are ready, we are just a phone call/email away! Let’s chat!
Come and visit us!
We organize Open House events twice a year (in October and in January). It is a great opportunity to visit the LFT, meet our teachers and talk with our students.
The admissions team is also available to schedule a visit at your convenience. This is an excellent time to ask your questions about the admission process and our school.
Complete an online application, upload your child's birth certificate and report cards for the last two years. These documents are mandatory to start reviewing your child’s application.
A unique login will be assigned to you and will be useful throughout the whole process.
A $300 application fee must be paid online to finalize the application.
Reviewing of your child's application
Upon receipt of the complete application, our Admissions Committee will review your child's application.
- For children currently enrolled in a school accredited by the French Ministry of Education, the decision is usually communicated within 4 days.
- If your child is attending another school, he/she will be invited to participate in a discovery time (for entry into Kindergarten) or a placement test (for Grades 1 to 12). The decision is then communicated within one week of the test.
Decision and registration
The decision of the Admissions Committee is communicated by email and is also available on your admission portal.
A link to finalize the registration is then sent.
Registration is complete when:
- both parents have signed the contract electronically.
- a deposit on tuition fees has been paid (non-refundable).
Prepare to start your first year at the LFT
Your child is now enrolled at the LFT. During the summer, you will receive useful information to prepare back to school:
- books, school supplies, and uniforms
- hot meal service, pizza
- school buses
- daycare, study hall and extracurricular activities
To welcome you to our community, the LFT and the APA (Parents' Association) invite new families to a barbecue at the end of the summer each year.