Our History

French Education

Our history began in 1995 when a group of French and French-Canadian parents got together to create a Lycée and offer a comprehensive French education for their children.

With the help of the French government and the local French Consulate, the LFT was founded. In the first year, the school had 56 students and was located near the University of Toronto.

During the following years, the LFT opened classes as these students grew and then starting in the fall of 1997, additional classes were added. The first Grade 12 graduating class was in June 2000 with 23 graduates.

In September 2002 the first kindergarten class was opened. Then in September 2008, the school moved to its present location on Dufferin Street.

The LFT is part of the AEFE network and one of 488 French establishments abroad. Our aim remains the same, to provide children with a high standard of education that is based on the French curriculum.

http://lft.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/lft_brochure_EN.jpg

It’s in the brochure

For up to date information download our latest brochure.

VIEW BROCHURE

Book a school tour

Contact Admissions to schedule an appointment: +1(416) 924-1789 ext. 229!

BOOK A TOUR