Tuition & Fees 2016 – 2017
Payment Options* :
*Both payment plans include a $24 contribution to the Parents’ Association (APA)
QUATERLY PLAN – Four Equal Payments on April 15, July 15, September 15 and November 15, 2016* for a total amount of:
|Kindergarten to Grade 5||$15,740 (quarterly $3,935)|
|Grades 6 to 9||$17,080 (quarterly $4,270)|
|Grades 10, 11 and 12||$18,260 (quarterly $4,565)|
Payments received after November 15, 2016 will be recalculated according to the monthly plan.
MONTHLY PLAN – Twelve Monthly Payments starting on April 15, 2016 until March 15, 2017 for a total amount of:
|Kindergarten to Grade 5||$15,960 (monthly $1,330)|
|Grades 6 to 9||$17,364 (monthly $1,447)|
|Grades 10, 11 and 12||$18,552 (monthly $1,546)|
A $500 fee will be charged to all accounts that remain in arrears as of March 15, 2017.
Books, exam fees, after school programs, trips, transportation and meals are not included in fees.
New Student Fees
- $300 application fee
- $150 assessment fee, where applicable
- $1,000 advance to reserve a space (this amount is deductible from the total amount due to the school; it is non refundable if the application is withdrawn)
- $2,500 to the Lycée Capital Investment Fund, applicable to first time admissions from Grade 1 to Grade 12 (payable by separate cheque). This contribution is also due from our Senior Kindergarten students who register into Grade 1.
Methods of Payment
- Pre-authorized debit (PAD) – complete form and return it with a VOID cheque (Preferred method of payment)
- Interac payment, by debit Card at the Lycée or by e-mail
- Wire transfer or direct deposit (Please contact email@example.com for details and notify the Lycée once transfer is completed).
- Cheque to « Lycée Français de Toronto » for single payments only
Registration During the School Year
Tuition is prorated with 50% of the tuition amount due before or on the first day of class and the balance by March 15, 2017. Every month attended is payable in full.
Reduction in Tuition Fees
When three or more siblings attend the LFT, a 25% rebate on tuition is granted to the third and subsequent children. This rebate applies to the youngest child.
Notice of withdrawal must be sent in writing to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration, assessment fees and advance on tuition are not refundable.
The contribution to the Capital Investment fund is not refundable after September 1, 2016.
Tuition paid is refundable, consistent with the following schedule :
- If a student withdraws prior to December 2016 : 50% of the annual tuition will be refunded.
- If a student withdraws between January 1st and March 31, 2017 : 25% of the annual tuition will be refunded.
- No refunds for withdrawals after March 31, 2017.
- The Lycée Français de Toronto is a registered charity. As a charity, an official donation receipt is issued for the contribution to the Capital Investment Fund.
- A portion of the tuition paid may qualify as a child care expense deduction. This eligible amount is calculated based on the Canada Revenue Agency regulations.
Receipts are issued in February, following the close of the previous calendar year.
Students have to be in good financial standing to apply
- French nationals registered at the Consulate General of France in Toronto who apply to the LFT and who meet the criteria set by the commission nationale des bourses (http://consulfrance-toronto.org/spip.php?rubrique59). Deadline for application is set by the French.
- LFT students in Grade 6 to 12 (https://applefinancialservices.ca/). Deadline for application is March 15.
An advance on tuition of $500/month, from April 15, 2016 until the official notification is received, is due for each child registered at the school.
- Should the parent proceed with the enrollment, the difference between tuition paid and financial aid received is to be paid according to LFT payment schedule;
- Should the parent appeal the decision, $500/month is to be paid until the final notification is
If the bursary application is rejected,
- Should the parent proceed with the enrollment, full tuition is due on or before March 15th,
- Should the parent decide not to enroll their child, tuition paid will be
- In case of partial attendance, fees are
Payment Obligations and Penalties
Tuition payments for all plans commence on April 15, 2016. All EFT forms, wires and cheques should reach the Lycée at the dates specified in the Financial Regulations.
Students enrolling after April 15, 2016 should settle 50% of their tuition before their 1st day of school.
Families have to be in good standing to renew their registration.
- A $50 fee will be charged for every declined cheque.
- A $500 fee will be charged to all accounts that remain in arrears as of March 15, 2017.
- Students who have not fulfilled their financial obligations according to their payment will not be allowed in class.
- Eviction of a student does not alter the financial obligations towards the LFT.
- The LFT will not negotiate any partial payment for outstanding amounts.
Day Care and Study Hall Fees
Registration forms are available on our website. Payment in full is due upon registration. A 10% discount applies for a full-year enrollment.
Mid-term registrations and withdrawals are accepted. Fees will be prorated.
|COST PER TERM|
|Days per week||5 days||4 days||3 days||2 days||1 day|
|Study hall||3:30-4:30 p.m.||$680||$590||$480||$355||$230|
|Study hall & daycare||3:30-6:00 p.m.||$1,145||$1,000||$825||$610||$375|
|Occasional daycare||$20 per hour|
|Occasional Study Hall||$30 per hour|
An hour started will be charged in full. Payment by cheque or debit card only. Cash is not accepted.
Children can stay at the daycare at no cost during curriculum night and/or parent/teacher interviews, provided the school has been previously notified.
Late pick-ups (after 3:30, 4:30 or 6:00pm)
If a child is not picked up at 3:30 p.m. or after the study hall and/or the extra curricular activities (at 4:30 p.m.), he/she will stay at the daycare and the service will be charged at the rate of $1 per minute. Payment by cheque or debit card only.